HypnoBirthing is designed for mothers interested in having a calm and comfortable birthing experience. It is good for mothers who are interested in natural childbirth and is equally helpful for those who are opting for an epidural. This method can be used whether you are having a home birth, hospital birth, working with a doctor or a midwife. The sole purpose of the course is to empower mothers to have the birth they desire, without judgment or guilt.
1st Class takes place between 15 and 25 weeks
2nd Class takes place between 30 and 35 weeks
Classes are taught by Saskatoon-based Hypnotherapist and HypnoBirthing Educator Amanda Smytaniuk.
Benefit of Private Course:
Classes taught online
Weekly emails and video/phone check ins from Amanda to assist in the development of your practice
2 Hypnotherapy sessions to help expand your understanding of the benefits of hypnosis and how it can assist in your birthing
A hands on coaching experience through out your pregnancy
The course investment is $1000. To register please complete the form at the bottom of the page.
Intensive workshops are offered for couples who prefer to engage with the course material all at one time. The fee for this workshop is $150 per couple or $75 per mother. Register NOW by filling out the form below.
April 2nd: 11am - 2pm CST
April 9th: 11am - 2pm CST
April 16th: 5pm - 8pm CST
April 23rd: 1pm - 4pm CST
Register NOW by filling out the form below.
What you will learn:
Class 1 : Unlearning the Negative and Preparing for the Positive
* The HypnoBirthing philosophy
* The History of women and birthing
* How you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birth
* How Nature perfectly designed women's bodies to birth
* How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
* Vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing
* Visualization techniques for a gentle birth
* Prenatal bonding techniques
* Breathing techniques for labour and birthing
* Hypnotic relaxation and visualization
* Selecting the right care provider
* The Birth companion's role in birthing
* Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
* Preparing your Birth Plan
* Preparing the body for birthing
Class 2: Preparing for Welcoming your Baby
* Light Touch Labour Massage
* Your body working for and with you
* Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labour
* Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts.
* Onset of Labour - Thinning and Opening Phase
* Birth explained simply
* Settling in at the hospital or birthing center
* Preparing for home birth - or baby's choice of birth place
* As labour moves along - passing time through labour
* Hallmarks of labour
* If labour rests or slows - Companion's prompts and activities
* As labour advances - birthing with your baby
* Rapid Deepening exercises to maximize your your comfort level
* Protecting the natural birthing experience
* Birth rehearsal imagery
* Moving into birthing
* Positions for descent and birthing
* Breathing baby down to birth
* Family bonding with your baby
To register, please complete the form below and all 24 hours for follow up.
Amanda is a mother. She naturally birthed three children and is very passionate about empowering women to have the best birthing experience possible.